Here's how to save phone extensions:
Using the existing phone field.
- This option keeps the phone number and extension together. However it will not work with click-to-call functionality.
- Simply add the extension to the end of the phone number in the existing phone field. For example, "(123) 456-7890 ext 11."
Using a custom field.
- This option will be separated from the main phone number, it but will allow click-to-call functionality.
- Create a custom field for "Extension" and then click and drag that field to appear near the default phone number field.
- Please note: only administrators can create custom fields. If you don’t see the option to create a custom field, you’ll need to contact an administrator on your account.
- Create or edit a contact to add their extension into the new extension custom field.
Can't find what you're looking for?