Here's how you can create custom contact fields to track additional details on your contact or company records:
- Mouse over "Settings" in the navigation bar and select "Custom fields" in the menu.
- Please note: only admins can create custom fields. If you don't see the option to create custom fields, you'll need to contact an admin on your account.
- Next, select either "Contacts" or "Companies," depending on which record you'd like to have the custom field.
- On the next page, click the button near the top of the page "Create new custom field."
- Enter the desired name and choose the appropriate field type. Hit "Create custom field" to add the new field, and once created you can click and drag the new field to reorder it.
- Not sure which field type to select? Learn more about custom field types here.
- Repeat this process as needed to create additional fields. Note that you should only create custom fields for data you always, or almost always, collect.
- Not sure if you should add a custom contact field or a custom pipeline field? Learn more about the differences between contact fields and pipeline fields here.
Can't find what you're looking for?