Tracking contacts who work for more than one company
Here's how to track contacts who work for more than one company.
Using the relationship tool.
- A relationship will appear at the top of the contact and will link to the company record. The same relationship will appear on the linked company.
- This option is best if you only have a handful of contacts who work for multiple companies, or if there are other relevant details you want to track for the contact's employment.
- For example, if the contact has different job titles at each company, or if they work part-time for some companies, you can enter that additional detail in the relationship to track it.
- You can add multiple relationships to a single contact. You'll use the "Company name" field for the first company, and then relationships for any additional companies that contact works for.
- Not sure how to create a relationship? Learn more here.
Using a custom contact link field.
- A custom contact link field will appear on the right side of the contact, under the "Contact info" section. You can click on the linked company to go to that record, and the contact name will also appear on the linked company under "Company info."
- This option is best if you have a lot of contacts who work for multiple companies. The custom field gives you one specific place to track other companies, though only the company name will appear.
- You can link multiple companies to a single contact through a single contact link field. You'll use the "Company name" field for the first company, and then the custom field for additional contacts.
- You can filter by whether this custom contact link field is empty or not, to pull up all of the contacts that are associated with multiple companies if need be.
- Now sure how to create a custom field? Learn more here.
Represent, rep, employer, business
How do I can you are you able to can I how to is it possible