At this time, Less Annoying CRM only integrates directly with Google calendar. Unfortunately, it is not possible to sync iCloud with Google calendar, however, it is possible to import events created in iCloud to Google calendar. Once the events have been imported to Google, the Google calendar sync with the CRM can be used to get the data into the CRM. There are a few different steps you’ll need to take to ensure that events end up in the appropriate place.
An important thing to note before you start the syncing process: you must have exporting privileges in the CRM in order to sync your calendar with Google. If you don't see the option to sync with Google in your account, you may not have permission to export data from your account. If you believe you should have exporting privileges, contact your account administrators.
Step 1: Export your events from iCloud. This will create a file of events you’ve created in iCloud, which can then be imported to Google calendar.
- Go to www.icloud.com/calendar and sign in.
- Select the “Share” button to the right of the appropriate calendar.
- Check the box next to “Public Calendar” and copy the URL listed beneath the “Public Calendar” checkbox. Select “OK.”
- Paste the URL into a new tab or window, but don’t press enter yet!
- Replace “webcal” at the beginning of the URL with the letters “http”
- Now hit enter or return, and a file containing all of your events will automatically download to your computer.
- Return to your iCloud calendar. Select the “Share” button, uncheck the “Public Calendar” checkbox, and hit “OK.” This will make your calendar private again.
Step 2: Import the iCloud file to Google calendar. This will enter all of the events you’ve created in iCloud into Google calendar.
- Go to www.calendar.google.com/ and sign in.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select “Settings” from the dropdown.
- Click on the “Calendars” tab in the upper left side, just below “Calendar Settings.”
- Select “Import calendar” from the center of the page.
- Next, choose the file that was downloaded during the iCloud export. The file likely has a long and complex name, and may be saved on your desktop or in a Downloads folder.
- Select the appropriate calendar to import the events. This will likely be a calendar labeled “Primary” or it may have your name listed.
- Hit the “Import” button.
- You have now successfully imported events from iCloud into Google Calendar.
Step 3: Sync Google calendar with Less Annoying CRM. This will bring across events from Google into the CRM.
- Go to Settings--> Calendar Settings
- In the middle column under the “Calendar” heading, click the link to start the setup process.
- Select the button "Click here to authorize the sync with Google."
- Please read the entirety of the dialogue that appears. It contains important information regarding sync setup.
- You’ll be taken to a page that will ask for your Google authentication. Enter the login information for your Google account or select it from the list if it shows up.
- Select "Allow" to let LACRM access your Google account.
- If you have multiple calendars in Google and LACRM, you'll next need to match up the appropriate calendars for syncing (see screenshot below). During this step be sure the calendar in Google where you previously imported your iCloud calendar is synced with LACRM. This is likely “Your primary Google calendar,” but it could be a differently named sub-calendar in Google.
- Select "Finalize the sync with Google."
- The initial sync may take a few minutes, but once that is completed you’re good to go! Any future events that you had in iCloud should now appear in your LACRM calendar. Any events you create in Google going forward will also automatically sync over to the CRM.
Want to see your CRM schedule and add events directly to Google Calendar (and therefore the CRM) from your phone? Follow Step 3 in this tutorial
to display Google Calendar on your phone, and make sure that future events added from your phone default to your Google Calendar.
And you’re done! You have now successfully imported events from iCloud to the CRM through Google calendar. The Google calendar to CRM sync is continuous, and any events entered in Google or the CRM going forward will pass across to the other system. If you have any questions about the sync, don’t hesitate to get in touch!