Here's how to use teams to manage group permissions:
- Once you've created all of the appropriate teams, you can share groups with specific teams.
- Mouse over "Settings" and select "Groups" in the menu.
- Select "Manage sharing permissions" below the appropriate group name.
- Choose "Share with specific teams" and then tick off the team(s) that should have access to this group.
- Repeat that process for any additional groups as needed.
- Besides sharing with a team, groups can either be private (visible to a single user) or public (visible to all users). If you find yourself adding almost everyone to a team, ask yourself if those groups should actually be public. Learn about group visibility here.
- Please note: only admins can manage group permissions. If you don't see this option, you'll need to contact an admin on your account.