Here's how to track referrals:
Using the relationship tool:
- Not sure how to create a relationship? Learn how to here.
- Relationships allow you to track additional detail for a connection, and will appear on both linked contacts.
- This option may be best if you'd like to include more info within the description, like "Chris referred his good friend Tyler."
Using a custom contact link field:
- Not sure how to create a custom field? Learn how to here.
- Custom contact link fields allow you to track a specific type of connection. The field name will appear on the contact that was referred, but the referrer will only show that they are connected.
- This option may be best if you only need to know who referred someone, or if you have contacts that refer a lot of people to you.