Note: The method outlined below will walk you through how to use the pipeline permissions feature to "archive" a pipeline -- this is a workaround based off the pipeline permissions tool and this feature wasn't designed explicitly for archiving pipelines.
Here's how to archive an entire pipeline structure:
- Create a Team on your account if you don't already have one. Here's a tutorial on how to create a team. (If you're the only user on your account, you can still create a Team consisting only of you.)
- Go to the Pipelines page under Settings. Select "Edit pipeline" below the appropriate pipeline name.
- In that pipeline's Settings page, click on "Edit" next to "Permissions" in the Overview section at the top.
- Select "Share only with specific teams" in the resulting pop up menu.
- Do not select any teams from that list. Click "Save".
- A warning will now appear, indicating that "This pipeline isn't currently visible to any users."
- Please note: only admins can customize and delete pipelines. If you don’t see this option, you’ll need to contact an admin on your account.
- Once the pipeline has been archived, it cannot be attached to any contacts, and will be removed from the Workspace and Pipeline reports. You can un-archive this pipeline by changing its permission settings to make it visible to other users.
- If you wish to fully delete a pipeline instead, you can do so via the tutorial linked below.