Here's how you can create custom pipeline fields to track additional details related to your process:
- Not sure what a pipeline is? Learn more here.
- Mouse over "Settings" in the navigation bar and select "Pipelines" in the menu.
- Please note: only admins can customize the pipeline and add custom fields. If you don't see that option, you'll need to contact an admin on your account.
- Next, select "Edit" below the desired pipeline name. Note that it is possible to have more than one pipeline, and the pipeline name(s) you see may vary depending on your account customization.
- Under the "Custom fields" section, click the button "Create a new custom field."
- Enter the desired name and choose the appropriate field type. Hit "Create custom field" to add the new field, and once created you can click and drag the new field to reorder it.
- Not sure which field type to select? Learn more about custom field types here.
- Repeat this process as needed to create additional pipeline fields. Examples of custom pipeline fields include a checklist of required documents, products of interest, amount of a sale, or a target completion date.
- Not sure if you should add a custom pipeline field or a custom contact field? Learn more about the differences between pipeline fields and contact fields here.