Can I sync my Google, Outlook, iCal, or other calendar with LACRM?
Less Annoying CRM integrates directly with Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar. However, in many cases it is possible to sync an alternate calendar system to Google/Outlook, which can then sync over to LACRM. Google Calendar acts as a middle-man of sorts, passing your events along into the CRM. Standard Google and Outlook accounts are totally free and easy to set up.
The other calendar we're most commonly asked about is iCal, or Apple's calendar system, so we'll include some tips here! You should be able to set up a two-way sync of events between Google and your Apple calendar, then sync Google to the CRM. Here are the pertinent links:
Syncing Apple Calendar (iCal) to Google Calendar
You’ll then need to sync your CRM calendar with Google Calendar so that things push over to LACRM. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Integrations
- Under the Google section, click "Set up calendar sync" to start the process
- Select the button "Authorize the integration with Google Calendar"
- Please read the entirety of the dialogue that appears. It contains important information regarding the sync.
- You’ll be taken to a page that will ask for your Google authentication. Enter the login information for your Google account or select it from the list if it appears.
- Select "Allow" to let LACRM access your Google account.
- If you have multiple calendars in Google and LACRM, you'll next need to match up the appropriate calendars for syncing (screenshot below). If you have only one calendar in LACRM and Google, they'll automatically be matched.
- Select "Finalize the sync with Google."
That’s it! The initial Google calendar sync can take some time to run, so be patient during the very first sync. Once the sync is set up, data should sync between LACRM and Google (and then, by proxy, between Google and your iCal) within a few minutes, though it can occasionally take a bit longer.
One note: We're only able to support the integration between the CRM and Google or the CRM and Outlook (we haven't designed any other calendar integrations ourselves, so we can't troubleshoot with a lot of expertise!) -- if you're having trouble with the integration between Google/Outlook and your other calendar system, you can contact their support for the best help!