What will I actually be paying per year?
Annual billing is often tempting because it offers a per user price that is slightly lower than monthly billing. However, annual billing requires you to pay for a full year either in advance, or by the end of the service year. As such, the true cost of annual billing should factor in the entire year.
The prices bolded below are the total upfront cost for a full year, for the minimum number of users for that tier.
- $29 per user per month
- Because you are billed annually, your minimum upfront cost is 29 x 12 = $348 (for a single user)
- $49 per user per month
- Because you are billed annually, your minimum upfront cost is 49 x 12 = $588 (for a single user).
- $99 per user per month
- Because you are billed annually, your minimum upfront cost is 99 x 12 = $1,188 (for a single user).
When should I pay monthly instead of annually?
While there are many reasons why you would opt to pay monthly instead of annually (for example, the ability to switch CRMs whenever you want), one of the more straightforward reasons would be the duration of time you plan on using a CRM.
Listed below is the maximum duration of time you would need to use a CRM tier before it is more "worth it" to pay for a full year instead.
- $35 per user per month
- This is 20.7% more expensive than the monthly price billed annually.
- For a single user, you should opt for monthly billing if you plan on using Insightly Plus for fewer than 348 / 35 = ~10 months.
- $59 per user per month
- This is 20.4% more expensive than the monthly price billed annually.
- For a single user, you should opt for monthly billing if you plan on using Insightly Professional for fewer than 588 / 59 = ~10 months.
- $129 per user per month
- This is 30.3% more expensive than the monthly price billed annually.
- For a single user, you should opt for monthly billing if you plan on using Insightly Enterprise for fewer than 1188 / 129= ~9 months.
- Will allow you to handle basic contact, lead, and project management, including workflow tracking. You will have limited document (100k records and 10GB file storage) and email management, and will have access to custom reports, and limited bulk emails.
- Offers more email and document management (250k records and 100GB file storage), shareable charts and dashboards, and unlimited roles and user permissions.
- Includes product inventory tracking, quote generation, calculation rules, unlimited charts, graphs, records, and file storage.
Many CRMs offer a free version of their software with severe feature limitations. While appealing to small businesses or solopreneurs, most free versions are simply marketing tools to introduce new users to a paid tier and are not designed to be scalable.
Insightly offers a free plan for 2 users with the following limitations:
- 2,500 records (anything entered into Insightly counts as a "record" including: leads, contacts, opportunities, companies, tasks, notes, emails, comments, projects)
- 2 custom fields
- 5 email templates
- 500 rows per import file
- 200MB storage (email attachments, and uploaded files)
- No integrations or two-way calendar syncing
With these limitations in mind, Insightly's free plan will likely only be suitable for personal projects, or small businesses who work with a very small number of leads and do not do in-depth relationship tracking, with some occasional emailing.