Thank you for your interest in our partnership with import2! This article will detail how the import2 migration process works, as well as how you may be able to receive a free import2 migration through Less Annoying CRM’s partnership with their platform.
Please read and carefully consider all details, as each migration is different, and your data and needs will ultimately determine whether this option is viable for you.
Why use this option?
Less Annoying CRM offers a built-in import tool that allows importing new contacts and companies and their associated fields (e.g. name, phone number, email address, and others, including custom fields). If that is all you need, then an import2 migration will be overkill, and you should proceed with a standard import.
However, our native importer does not support migrating other kinds of historical data from an existing CRM database—this includes objects like historical notes/emails, existing pipeline information, tasks, and so forth.
Our partnership with import2 allows you to use their specialized migration platform to transfer additional objects and history to LACRM, facilitating a quicker, automated, and more thorough migration option than a spreadsheet import can provide.
While import2 offers migrations from many different tools to LACRM, not every CRM is supported. You should check import2’s list of supported apps on their site to see if it’s currently possible to migrate data from your existing CRM system to LACRM. If your CRM is not on the list, this will not be an option.
Furthermore, while import2 does their best to migrate your data as fully and completely as possible, not all data can be migrated from your old CRM to LACRM. These limitations include but may not be limited to:
- Some object types or data structures in your old CRM may simply not exist in LACRM, or vice versa. The import2 team will do their best to explain what’s possible, but if you have some kinds of data in your old CRM that don’t exist as features in LACRM, that information is unlikely to be migrated.
- File attachments (documents, images, etc.) cannot be migrated to LACRM with import2’s service, as the API that import2 uses to connect to our platform does not currently support uploading files to contacts/companies or fields. Transferring these kinds of file attachments can only be done manually.
While import2 offers many different types of migration services at a wide range of price points, our partnership with their platform will only cover up to import2’s “Basic” migration tier. (See below for details on pricing.) Please reference import2’s pricing page for limits on contacts/companies and custom mappings allowed under this Basic tier, and consider whether this will meet your needs.
If you are migrating data from another CRM at or below import2’s “Basic” tier, Less Annoying CRM will cover the cost of the import2 migration provided that you make a prepayment toward your LACRM account of one year. The total prepayment amount will be determined by the number of users on your LACRM account at the time of full migration, priced at our standard $15 USD/user/month pricing. (This comes to $180 USD per user on your account at the time of your migration.)
Note that prepayments are applied as a credit to your LACRM account, and ultimately may last longer or shorter than one year if you add or remove users over time.
After your prepayment credit has been exhausted, your account will return to our normal month-to-month billing cycle—you need not continue to pay annually beyond the initial prepayment.
If your needs do not fit within the “Basic” tier of import2’s pricing structure, please feel free to contact Less Annoying CRM’s team. Whether alternative pricing can be arranged will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
How the process works
First and foremost, before you can proceed with an import2 migration, you will need to have created a LACRM trial account. If you have not yet done so, you can sign up for an account here.
We would strongly suggest that you fully evaluate whether LACRM will be suitable for you and your team’s needs before investing the time to migrate data from your previous CRM system! The Beginner’s Guide is a great way to learn the basics, and LACRM’s support team is always here to answer questions about our platform.
Once you are ready to proceed with the migration, the process is as follows:
- Preparation. We suggest beginning by customizing your LACRM account to align with the data in your origin CRM. This may require creating custom fields, making groups corresponding with any groups/tags in your source CRM, and building out customized pipeline(s). You will likely need to create user logins for any users whose assigned data and history you wish to migrate across from your previous system. This preparation makes mapping data across from your previous CRM system much easier once you’re in contact with import2. If you need pointers, please look through our help documentation or contact our team with any questions.
- Free sample migration. Once you are ready to begin with moving data across, you’ll start a migration with import2’s team. You can use this link to begin that migration process. The import2 team will work with you to learn about your existing CRM database, confirm that the migration you have in mind is possible with their platform, and help you map all possible data across into LACRM. Their team will explain how to give import2’s platform access to your CRM account, and then they’ll migrate a random sample of records so that you can review the data and make sure everything is to your liking. You may need to perform several sample migrations. (Note that if you inquire about a highly customized migration, import2 may determine that your situation may not be eligible for a free sample.)
- Prepayment and full migration. If your sample migration looks good and you’re ready to proceed, first make sure you have your import2 Migration ID handy, then contact LACRM to move to the next step in the process. We’ll take your prepayment toward your LACRM account, and then give import2 authorization to finalize your full migration from your old CRM database to LACRM.
Please note: you should not pay import2 directly, unless you have decided to independently pay for their services outside of our partner pricing detailed above. Until you decide to finalize the full migration, there is no commitment—you can ensure that you are fully satisfied with the sample migration before submitting a prepayment to LACRM.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have questions about import2 migration. Our team can answer any questions about LACRM’s capabilities, setting up and customizing your LACRM account, and pricing for a partner migration by import2.
Note that if you have questions about the nitty-gritty of mapping your data from your old CRM to LACRM using import2’s platform, you'll likely need to work directly with import2 to get answers to those questions!
Can't find what you're looking for?