I talk to new small business owners all day long. It's exhilarating to hear how passionate they are about their skills, how exciting it is to get a new customer, but we always hit a roadblock when we talk about selling.
Many new small business owners don’t know the basics of selling: they don’t have a sales process, they don’t have a way to track their progress, and they sound anxious even describing the idea of selling (let alone doing the actual thing).
But hey — it’s totally OK to suck at sales if you have no experience! Most folks start a small business because they love what they do, not because they love selling.
However, everyone has to learn the ropes eventually. The #1 reason small businesses fail? Cash flow problems. If you don’t have money (or don’t have money at the right time), you can’t provide goods or services, pay the bills, or run a successful business.
How can you prevent cash flow problems? Start controlling the flow of cash in and out of your business. Increase your sales, fill your pipeline so that you always have more business brewing, and track your progress so that you never take on more than you can handle.
Since I can’t cover the CRM and all my cash flow tips in a single phone call, I have been spending the last few months coming up with a new solution: a FREE 20 day email challenge for small business owners who want to improve their sales and grow their business.
This email series is for you if…
- You are a one person show and every aspect of your business depends on you being way more confident and organized than you are right now.
- You are a salesperson at a big company, and between your boss and your ever-growing task list, every day of 2018 has been headache-inducing so far.
- You know you offer a killer product/service, you know you could handle more customers, but they. Just. Aren't. Biting.
Basically, if you don’t have as much business as you wish you did, this challenge was designed with you in mind. Ready to get started? Let’s talk about the basics.
How does the challenge work?
- Sign up for the free email series here!
- For the next 20 work days, I will send you 1 tip/day. Each tip takes no more than 20 minutes to complete. Just set your timer and go!
- With each change, you’ll learn good sales habits, get more leads, build stronger relationships with your existing customers, and open more doors.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? With the challenge, you get more than just an email a day: you get tried and true tips that all stellar salespeople know and practice. The challenge is also designed to help you build momentum: if you start making little sales wins each day, you’ll get better and more comfortable at sales as the challenge goes on.
Plus, did I mention that there will be weekly themes? We’ll start by building good sales habits, then we’ll increase your lead volume, next up we’ll increase your sales, and finally, we’ll cover my #1 technique for reducing work while maintaining the same lead/client volume (sign up to get the full details!). I’ll also send you regular check-ins to make sure you’re getting the most out of the challenge, and I’m always here to help bounce ideas around.
Needless to say, I am crazy excited to share this challenge with you. You don't even need to be an LACRM customer to join -- this is for everyone who could use a jumpstart to improving their sales (so feel free to share!). The challenge will only be offered through the end of August, so sign up now or forever hold your peace!