Using pipeline templates: Sales Lead
Purpose: This pipeline is intended to help you track sales leads or prospects. This is very close to the default Leads pipeline that comes with every LACRM account, but it has a few extra custom fields and statuses. If you want something a bit more robust than our Leads pipeline, you can start here.
How It Works:
- Create the pipeline by going to your Customize your pipelines page. You can only reach this page if you are the admin or owner on an account. On that page, click “Create a new pipeline,” and start with one of our existing pipeline templates.
- When you identify a potential sales lead, or someone expresses interest in your product or services, attach a Sales Lead to their contact in the CRM. Be sure to mark what they are interested in, and if they have a particular value yet.
- As you communicate with your sales lead, move them through the statuses or steps of your pipeline. "Qualified lead" means something different to everyone, and don't be afraid to customize these statuses to fit your language or process.
- Once a sales lead is won or lost, move them into a closed status. You can reattach a sales lead pipeline to someone if they're a repeat customer, or if they express interest later on.
- Tailor to your process: the sky is really the limit here! Our sales lead pipeline can be tailored to fit your exact process. Create statuses for all the steps in your sales process and custom fields for the pieces of information you’ll need to know about each potential new customer. Below, we’ll list some common customizations if you need ideas to get started.
- Track each touch: if you have a set number of touches you make before you consider a lead lost, add them as statuses! For example, you can have a status for “Call one made,” “Call two made,” “Appointment Scheduled,” and so on.
- Probability of closing: you can use a number custom field or a dropdown list to track the likelihood that a sales lead will close.
- Estimated close date: you can use a date field to track which deals will likely close this month, and combine that with the value field to project how much money you’ll make.
- Tracking interests: if you offer several products or services, you might want to have a custom checkbox list to track what each sales lead is interested in. You can pull reports based on who has shown interest in certain products and use those lists to send out special offers or follow ups.
With pipelines, there are tons of different customizations that you can create. We listed a few suggestions above, but feel free to try anything out!
If you want to customize your pipelines but aren’t sure how to start, contact us and we’d be happy to help! If you already customized your pipelines but aren’t sure if you did it correctly, shoot us an email and we can let you know if we see any red flags. Finally, if you’re totally brand new to LACRM and aren’t sure how pipelines work, let us know. We’d be happy to walk you through all of the features of the CRM, and help you customize your account!