Purpose: This pipeline is intended to help you track projects for clients and customers. If you offer multi-step services or need to track individual projects for repeat customers, this is a good place to start.
How It Works:
- Create the pipeline by going to your Pipeline Settings page. You can only reach this page if you are the admin or owner on an account. On that page, click “Create a new pipeline,” and start with one of our existing pipeline templates.
- If someone inquires about doing a project with you, attach a Project to their contact in the CRM. Be sure to fill in a summary for what the project is about.
- As you move through the process of planning and executing the project, move your contact through the steps in your pipeline and fill out the custom fields. If this pipeline doesn't match your exact process, or you want different custom fields, don't be afraid to customize!
- Once a project is over, be sure to close out the Project pipeline attachment. You can reattach a Project pipeline to someone if they inquire about another project later on!
- Project Name: in order to distinguish between different projects at a glance from a contact record, you can make the Summary custom field the "name" of the pipeline. Whatever value you put into this field will display on the pipeline attachment on the contact's record. This makes it easier to tell the difference between multiple projects on the same record.
- Tailor to your specific process: if you have a specific set of steps that you follow for every project, rename and delete the statuses to match each step. Conversely, if you don't follow a set process, you can simplify the statuses to "Interested," "Contracted," "In Progress," and then a final closed status of "Invoiced."
- Project Type: if you offer several project types -- for example, maybe you offer content production, social media management, and website upkeep -- you can create a dropdown custom field for the various options.
- Payment Schedule or Invoicing: you can track invoicing for your project in the statuses. For example, you could have statuses for "Down payment received" and "Final payment received." If you offer different payment plans for projects, you can track that as a custom dropdown field, with options for "Hourly," "Weekly," or "Lump Sum Upfront."