Purpose: This pipeline is intended to help you track individual orders for products or services. If you have frequent repeat customers and want a way to distinguish between each unique sale, this is a good place to start.
How It Works:
- Create the pipeline by going to your Pipelines Settings page. You can only reach this page if you are the admin or owner on an account. On that page, click “Create a new pipeline,” and start with one of our existing pipeline templates.
- When someone submits an order, attach a Order pipeline to their contact record. Be sure to note the order number and any details in the custom fields.
- As you process the order, change the pipeline status to reflect where the order is at. If the pipeline statuses don't match the way you handle orders, or you want more custom fields, don't be afraid to customize!
- Once an order is shipped or completed, move the Order pipeline attachment into a closed status. You can reattach an Order pipeline if someone requires about a new order, or you can move an old Order pipeline attachment into the "Returned" status.
- Tracking what was ordered: if you offer a handful of products or services, you might want to have a dropdown list for tracking what your customer ordered. This can replace to "Order details" text area. You can have a separate custom number field for quantity.
- Shipping Date: your order might need to be shipped or prepped by a certain date. You can create a custom date field to track when your order is due.
- Following up post-sale: if you want to make sure that you follow up after every order, you can create a final closed status of "Fulfilled - Followed up." This will make sure that you schedule a follow up to check in on each customer after their order.