Using pipeline templates: Customer Issue
Purpose: this pipeline is intended to help you track customer complaints. It will take you through the process of receiving the issue, resolving or investigating the issue, and closing the issue out with the customer. If you’re frequently forgetting about customer issues or you want to improve your customer support, this is a good place to start.
As you accumulate more data on customer issues over time, you can use this information to find potential trouble spots in the buying cycle, or track down potential issues with your product or service. It also gives you the ability to distinguish at a glance between customers with very few past issues, and those with many.
How It Works:
- Create the pipeline by going to your Customize your pipelines page. You can only reach this page if you are the admin or owner on an account. On that page, click “Create a new pipeline,” and start with one of our existing pipeline templates.
- When a customer brings up an issue or submits a support ticket, attach a Customer Issue pipeline to their record in the CRM. Be sure to note what the issue is about in the custom fields.
- As you work on resolving the issue, move the Customer Issue through the pipeline statuses, and leave notes about your progress.
- Once an issue is resolved or withdrawn, close out the pipeline attachment. If a customer has another issue in the future, you can attach a new Customer Issue to their record.
- Multiple customer issues with the same contact: in order to distinguish between customer issues within a single contact or company, you can make the “Summary” custom pipeline field the name of the pipeline. This will display the summary name on the pipeline attachment, letting you distinguish different customer issues at a glance on a contact record.
- Customer service: if you want to make sure that every customer complaint or issue is followed up with, add a status for “Followed up” or “Apology issued.”
- Refunds: if you often issue refunds or process returns, you can add custom fields to track the value of the refund or the order number of the returned item.
With pipelines, there are tons of different customizations that you can create. We listed a few suggestions above, but feel free to try anything out!
If you want to customize your pipelines but aren’t sure how to start, contact us and we’d be happy to help! If you already customized your pipelines but aren’t sure if you did it correctly, shoot us an email and we can let you know if we see any red flags. Finally, if you’re totally brand new to LACRM and aren’t sure how pipelines work, let us know. We’d be happy to walk you through all of the features of the CRM, and help you customize your account!