Setting Your Computer's Default Email Program
As new versions of Windows and Mac iOS are released, you may encounter some trouble opening an email from LACRM. If you’ve already selected your email program in LACRM, but it’s still not opening properly, there’s one additional setting you may need to change. When you click on an email address in LACRM the CRM will link to your computer, which will open up the default email program; if the wrong email program is opening, or if nothing is happening, you may need to change the default on your computer to get things work properly. Here are some instructions to set the default email program on your computer:
Change Default Email on Windows
If you have Windows on your computer, you can follow these instructions to set your default email program. Please note: these instructions are based on Windows 10, if you have an older version of Windows the steps may be slightly different.
1. First, you’ll need to open the Start Menu, by pressing the windows button in your taskbar.
2. Then, select the “Settings” option with the gear icon from the list that appears (you may need to scroll down some).
3. Next, enter “Default apps” in the search bar near the top of the page and select “Default app settings.”
4. Find the “Email” heading and click on the current default email, which appears just below the heading.
5. Finally, choose the appropriate email program (there’s no need to save!).
Now that you’ve set the default email on your computer, go back to the CRM and start sending emails!
Change Default Email on a Mac
If you use a Mac computer, you can follow these instructions to set your default email program.
1. Open the “Mail” application on your computer (even if you don’t use Mac Mail, this is the program to open to set the default!).
2. In the Mail menu near the top of the page, choose “Preferences.”
3. In the dialogue that opens select the “General” section from the left side.
4. Find the “Default email reader” option, click on the dropdown, and select the email program you would like to use.
That’s it! Now that you’ve set the default email on your computer, go back to the CRM and start sending emails!