Here's how to merge duplicate contacts in bulk:
- Mouse over "Settings" and select "Bulk merging" in the menu.
- Please note: merges are extremely difficult and often impossible to undo so you should always take care when running merges.
- Duplicates will be detected based on a shared email address and/or phone number. Select to view duplicates by email address only, or by phone number only, to reduce the list.
- Select the "Merge non-conflicting duplicates" button to merge all duplicates that are exactly the same.
- Once merged, you'll receive a confirmation of the number of non-conflicting duplicates and whether any duplicates remain.
- Any remaining duplicates have discrepancies that require a choice. For example, the duplicates may have differently spelled names or different birthdays.
- Look through each remaining pair to ensure they are true duplicates. Click on the "Merge" button to the right of a duplicate pair to merge them. A dialog will open with differences, and once the appropriate choices are selected you can confirm the merge.
- Alternatively, select "Merge all duplicates" to merge all remaining duplicates with discrepancies at once. On the next page you'll need to make a choice for each different duplicate regarding differences in data.
- Need to merge a single duplicate pair instead? Learn how to merge individuals contacts here.