It's easy to miss important notifications in a sea of emails, so here's how to make sure those notifications stand out in your inbox:
- Go to the Filters section of your Gmail Settings.
- Click “Create a new filter."
- Add a filter for emails from email@example.com, and click “Create filter."
- Choose how you want to make these emails stand out. Check off “Always mark as important," and any other methods you want to use. Then, click “Create filter."
- Repeat the process to add additional filters for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Right click on a message in your inbox and click “Create Rule."
- Click “More Options” on the following pop up to create more advanced conditions and actions for this rule.
- On the “Rules” page, under “Add a condition," choose “From” firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under “Add an action,” choose “Mark with importance." Add other actions if necessary, and save.
- Repeat these steps to create additional rules for emails from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are many versions of Outlook, so your rule creation form may look different. Check out this article from Outlook for more instructions on how to create a rule.
- In the Mail app, go to Preferences, then Rules. Click “Add a rule."
- Set the first part of your rule to trigger if “From” is equal to email@example.com (or you could imagine saying if “From” contains @lessannoyingcalendar.com, if you also want to highlight your emails from customer support and newsletters).
- Set the actions you would like these emails to trigger (i.e. send a notification, mark it as flagged, or even play a sound on your device).
- Repeat these steps to create additional rules for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, if necessary.