How do I sync with Google Contacts?
You can sync Google contacts to LACRM through your Integrations page, which is in the menu under Settings in the navigation bar. You'll want to click on 'Set up contact sync' in the Google section on the left. If you prefer to watch a video on how to set this sync up, we’d recommend you watch this tutorial video here.
To get started, select Set up contact integration from the Google integration section. The next screen has some really important information you need to know before syncing your contacts, so we’ll repeat it here:
- We can’t automatically de-duplicate your contacts. If you have already imported your contacts from Google manually, you should delete all contacts from Google (you may want to export a backup copy just in case). This will prevent all of your contacts from being duplicated during the initial sync.
- In order to make sure you don’t lose any data, you can only delete or merge contacts/companies within the CRM. If you delete or merge contacts in Google, they will be re-added during the next sync, causing duplication of those records.
- Your contacts will be synced every few hours, so be patient. If you make changes to the same contact in both Google and LACRM between syncs, some of the changes may be overwritten.
- We only sync normal contact/company fields. You can feel free to use custom fields in LACRM, but they won’t be transferred to Google.
- Finally, we can only offer tech support for our own software. We don’t expect you to have any problems with this integration, but if you do, you’ll need to contact Google for support related to Google contacts.
After you’ve read all of that information, click I understand - continue to the Google authentication page. On the next page, you’ll need to log in to Google or select the appropriate Google account. After selecting the Google account you want to integrate, click Allow to give LACRM access to your Google contacts.
Next, you’ll need to decide which contacts you would like to sync from Google. LACRM can only sync with one label/group in Google, so you’ll want to make sure all of the contacts you’d like to sync are under the same label. Choose the appropriate label in Google, whether that’s Contacts (your main Google contact list) or a particular group that represents some other subset of your contacts. You’ll then need to make a similar choice about the CRM: Select to sync either one group in LACRM or all contacts from the CRM. Contacts can be in more than one group at a time, so putting contacts into a group to sync with Google won’t prevent them from being in another group.
Once you have chosen the sync settings, select Save settings and sync contacts. This may take a while if you have a lot of contacts, so be patient!
Once the sync is completed, the CRM will let you know that it’s done. Contact records and company records will both sync across, so if you have different phone numbers or emails for a contact and for their company, all of that information will be synced. Please be aware, the sync will also create company records in Google in order for the sync to pass across information properly!
With the sync set up, you can begin creating and editing contacts and companies in both the CRM and Google. If you’d like, you can now start syncing your Google account with other systems like Outlook or your phone so that everything you need is connected. And of course, if you have any questions about the sync, don’t hesitate to get in touch!