Can I sync my Outlook, iCal, or Google Calendar with LACRM?
At this time, Less Annoying CRM only integrates with Google Calendar. However, in many cases it is possible to sync your calendar system to Google, which can then sync over to LACRM. Google Calendar acts as a middle-man of sorts, passing your events along into the CRM. Normal Google accounts are totally free and easy to set up.
As of now, Google Calendar cannot sync with Outlook calendars on free Google accounts. (If you have a paid GSuite account, Google does offer a syncing option with Outlook
.) However, you can view your Google Calendar in Outlook
, you simply won't be able to push events back and forth to Google, and thus to Less Annoying CRM.
If you are an Apple Calendar/iCal user, you should be able to set up a two-way sync of events between Google and your Apple calendar. Here are the pertinent links:Google CalendarSyncing Apple Calendar (iCal) to Google CalendarOn the LACRM end, you’ll then need to sync your calendar up with Google Calendar. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings → Calendar Settings
- In the left column under the “Sync with Google Calendar” heading, click the link to start the setup process
- Select the button "Click here to authorize the sync with Google"
- Please read the entirety of the dialogue that appears. It contains important information regarding sync setup
- You’ll be taken to a page that will ask for your Google authentication. Enter the login information for your Google account or select it from the list if it shows up
- Select "Allow" to let LACRM access your Google account
- If you have multiple calendars in Google and LACRM, you'll next need to match up the appropriate calendars for syncing. If you have only one calendar in LACRM and Google, they'll automatically be matched
- Select "Finalize the sync with Google"
That’s it! Please note that it can take some time for the initial Google Calendar sync to run, so be patient during the very first sync. Once the sync is set up, data should sync between LACRM and Google within a few minutes, though it can occasionally take a bit longer.